Ethical & Sustainable
We give a shit.
Wakeful Travel is, and always will be, completely transparent about where we source our products. We're continually striving to improve our products and process so that we can support Mother Nature and the beings of the planet.
- Prints with plant-based inks
- Is an FSC certified facility
- Follows the framework of 14001 Environmental Management
- Meets the requirements of ISO 900 quality accreditations
- Follows the international Standard EN71 and the US standard ASTM F963 that deals with lead and phthalate bans
- When we start out: We use 100% certified home compostable mailers, shipped by the founder herself
- Once we scale: We'll use a fulfillment company in North America to ship the journals for us
- They have high environmental standards, and their envelopes, boxes and paper packaging is 100% recyclable
- We're working with them to use compostable packaging in future
- No beings are harmed or exploited in the creation, printing and shipping of the journals
- Every organization we collaborate has to have similar ethics to us. You won't see us collaborating with big names, just to get more followers
Who We Donate To:
For every journal purchased, Wakeful Travel donates various kick-ass organizations:
- MAPS Canada: The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and cannabis
- Chacruna: "Provides public education and cultural understanding about psychedelic plant medicines and promotes a bridge between the ceremonial use of sacred plants and psychedelic science." In other words, they serve to create one of the most important collaborations in the field: The union of the rationalist, medical model with the shamanic, indigenous model of psychedelics.
- The Amazon Conservation Fund: Describes themselves as working “Hand-in-hand with indigenous and other local people, we apply the power of innovation and time-tested traditional practices to protect the forests and watersheds of tropical America.”
- The Changing Tides Foundation focuses on causes in global communities and enables travellers to serve naturally & adventure consciously
- Surfers Against Sewage is a conservation charity working with communities to protect oceans, waves, beaches and marine life
- And MAPS: the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and cannabis